Tuesday 17th May 2005
Panalpina is pleased to invite you to the pre-conference Cocktail reception at The Pudong Shangri-la Hotel. Sited along the famous Huangpu River, the Hotel has breathtaking views of Shanghai's legendary riverfront - the Bund and the Orient Pearl TV Tower.
Wednesday 18th May 2005
Session 1: Global automotive supply China is obviously going to play an important role in the future of the global automotive industry. This session focuses on how a global supplier manages their supply chain in China, global logistics and a perspective of logistics in the future.
- Anton Liu, Director of Purchasing and Supply, Visteon
- Claus Schmidt, Regional Executive Vice President, Marketing and Sales, Panalpina
- Mike Pilver, Vice President, Global Automotive Sales, APL Logistics
Session 2: Logistics service providers and China
The different approaches of logistics companies to China, and how carmakers choose and partner with LSP's.
- Carsten Goransch, Director Logistics, VW
- Jin Kiat Koh, Director, Global Automotive Solutions, Asia Pacific, UPS
- Charles Lin, Director of Logistics Solutions Center, DTW Logistics
Session 3: Lean manufacturing and logistics
Bringing lean concepts to China. From a carmaker to a Tier one supplier to a logistics service provider - implementing lean and the benefits to be had.
- Dr Ramu, Senior Manager - Materials, China Project (Beijing Jeep) DaimlerChrysler
- Sylvia Hill, Production Control & Logistics Director, Asia Pacific, Delphi
- James Hsu, Managing Director - Asia, Menlo Worldwide
Session 4: Packaging and container management
Following on from the previous session, the latest developments in an area that can contribute extensively to lean logistics. A look at some of the packaging issues directly related to China, and improving container management.
- Mark Flegm, General Manager - Asia, Linpac
- Brennan McNulty, Vice President, MHSI
- James Coulson, General Manager, GE Seaco
Short walk to mooring on the Huangpu River
River Cruise Magnolia, Huangpu River, Shanghai
This two tier cruiser boasts an array of traditional artistic Chinese decorations. Floating on the Huangpu river, the River Cruise Magnolia displays panoramic views of The Bund and the capital's Dramatic skyline. With two private function rooms this cruise truly offers an exclusive banqueting setting
End of day 1
Thursday 19 May 2005
Session 1 Finished Vehicle Logistics
The sales of cars rise but the distribution of new vehicles is as challenging as ever. What is being done in China and externally to serve China?
- Axel Bantel, Managing Director, Head of China, Wallenius Wilhelmsen Lines, China
- Owen Xie, Senior Manger, NYK Logistics
- Bill Robbins, Chief Executive Officer, Transdevelopment
Session 2 The automobile industry strategy of the Chinese government
Senior officials from China customs present the new automobile industry policy of the Chinese government including customs management reform and trade facilitation. We also hear the experiences of a global automotive supplier.
- Rongkun Gao, Assistant Commissioner for Customs Duty Administration, China Customs
- Guopei Chen, Deputy District Director, Shanghai Customs
- Zhaokang Jiang, Regional Customs Counsel, Delphi
Session 3 Logistics in China
A look at the supply chain challenges of carmakers in China, and their requirements. And some ideas on how logistics companies can improve supply chains.
- Phillip Eller, Head of Logistics, BMW
- Daniel Brehon, General Manager, Gefco
- Jacky Wang, Managing Director, DHL
Session 4 Improving the logistics facilities in China
Some new developments for working in logistics in China. Ports, logistics parks, and logistics capabilities.
- Joanne Li, Marketing Director, Shanghai Lingang
- Karl Mackey, Chief Operating Officer, Anji-TNT
31 January-2 February 2017
8-10 March 2017
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach
11-13 April 2017
Hilton HongQiao Hotel, Shanghai
8-10 May 2017
Grand Hyatt Buckhead, Atlanta
6-8 June 2017
Kameha Grand Bonn, Germany
5 July 2017
Renaissance Monarch Hotel,
9 August 2017
Marriott Camden Yards, Baltimore
19-21 September 2017
Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center