Pre-conference cocktail reception and registration
Tuesday 21 April 2009:
Session 1 – The state of the industry
An update on the current climate – how can the industry prosper in these challenging times and what are the most urgent issues?
- Shen Jinjun, Secretary General, China Automotive Logistics Association of CFLP
- Mr. Yu De, General Manager, Anji Automotive Logistics Co Ltd
Session 2 – Managing the lengthening global supply chain – sourcing and logistics challenges
How can local and global companies work better together to ensure a better-managed supply chain?
- Jack Cheng, , Vice President, Fiat China
- Dr. Deng Junxia, Logistics Dept Manager, FAW
- Mr. Jingwei, SCM Department Manager, Dongfeng Motor Corporation
Session 3 – Development of the LSPs
How can LSPs evolve to serve the needs of the Chinese market better, and can collaboration between LSPs and carmakers/Tier 1s work effectively?
- Jack Huang, Director Supply Chain, Magna
- Ms. Ji Jianhua, Professor, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Mr. Jiang Chengyan, General Manager, Changchun LuJie Logistics Co Ltd
Session 4 – Improving the infrastructure to aid a streamlined logistics programme
What infrastructure improvements are needed? Is rail starting to deliver on its promises?
- Mr. Fu Qinchao, Executive Deputy General Manager, China Railway Special Cargo Automobile Logistics Co
17:30 – 21:30
Wednesday 22 April 2009
Session 5a – IT and Technology in Supply Chain Management
Using IT more effectively for a efficient supply chain network.
- Dr. Peng Junsong, Industry Principal, Automotive North Asia, SAP China
- Joachim Franz, Director Automotive Business Development China, Accenture
Session 5b – Exporting Chinese cars to the rest of the world
What are the obstacles in exporting local cars to the rest of the world?
- George Ho, Logistics Senior Manager, Geely International Corporation
- Dr. Joerg Mosolf, Chief Executive, Horst Mosolf
Session 6a – Packaging for tomorrow, today
Setting new standards for Chinese packaging
- Carroll Pickett, MP&L Director, China Sourcing Office, Ford China
Jean-Luc Guenard, Business Development Director China, Chep
Session 6b – Vehicle Logistics within China
An examination of imported cars from the ports to the dealers, and the distribution of locally manufactured vehicles
Cliff Chen, Logistics Director, BMW China
A chance to discuss the most pertinent issues in smaller focus groups
ASK THE CARMAKER
A chance to pose questions to the decision-make