APL Logistics works with the top names in the automotive industry to improve their supply chains. We help OEMs and their suppliers optimise the extended automotive supply chain – from managing the inbound flow of parts and materials into assembly plants to the distribution of finished vehicles – to lower landed costs and increase logistics efficiencies.
Our unique approach has earned the trust of many leading vehicle manufacturers and tier suppliers by tackling their most demanding supply chain challenges.
Dedicated focus – Our automotive sector is led by a global head and supported by a dedicated team of highly experienced automotive logistics professionals deployed in key markets around the world.
Deep understanding – We possess a comprehensive understanding of the automotive supply chain and its unique requirements and demands. Many of our staff have decades of experience serving automotive clients, or have previously worked in the automotive industry.
Solutions-oriented approach – We don’t have a ‘one-size-fits-all’ mentality, nor do we strive to be an ‘everything to everyone’ 3PL service provider. Instead, we develop solutions designed to address the specific supply chain challenges of the auto sector.
Emerging markets – For OEMs and tier suppliers tapping into the growth potential of emerging markets, we have a strong presence in key automotive markets including Mexico, China, India and South-East Asia, bringing proven experience in automotive greenfield operations and demonstrated capability in rapid implementations.
Our solutions are designed to meet the specific needs of each segment of the automotive supply chain.
We manage the flow and visibility of components and sub-assemblies from suppliers to OEM assembly plants, providing a full spectrum of services that support the inbound-to-manufacturing supply chain, including:
• Network design and route optimisation
• Manufacturing order management
• Expedited transportation
• Milk-run transportation
• JIT delivery
• Specialised trailer design
In North America, our door-to-door intermodal services support production parts flows between tier suppliers and OEM assembly plants in the key NAFTA trade corridor covering the US, Mexico and Canada.
• Milk-run and FCL drayage
• Automated preparation of customs, invoices and electronic export data
• Priority blocking
• Defined arrival and grounding scheduling
• Expedited diversion services
• Part number visibility and tracking
• Boxcar management and transloading services
As a leading 3PL with a global network spanning more than 60 countries on six continents, we manage the intercontinental flows of parts and components on a complete door-to-door basis, providing an integrated end-to-end solution.
Our services include:
• Origin/first-mile logistics
• International transportation (air and ocean)
• Project cargo/oversize
• Customs brokerage
• Domestic warehousing/crossdocking
• Domestic transportation.
As vehicles roll off the assembly line, APL Logistics manages the outbound logistics to ensure seamless, damage-free delivery. Our solutions for finished vehicle services are customised to the unique characteristics of each region we serve.
In North America, our VASCOR joint venture is a market leader in finished vehicle services, providing a full spectrum of customised logistics support, including:
• Drive-away delivery
• In-transit repair management
• Vehicle inspections
• Mixing yard operations
• Strategic vehicle storage
• Vehicle accessorising
• Vehicle marshalling
• Claims management.
For OEMs operating in India, our AutoLinx product, exclusive to APL Logistics VASCOR Automotive, offers an innovative and unique rail-based solution to ensure reliable, damage-free and cost-efficient distribution of finished vehicles and motorcycles across the country.
For transporting vehicles internationally, we offer AutoDirect, our secure, multi-vehicle container-based product that combines the flexibility of containerized transportation with the cost-efficiency to rival ro-ro services.
In North America, our door-to-door intermodal services support aftermarket parts flows from tier suppliers to OEM distribution centres between the US, Mexico and Canada.
With global logistics space covering more than 1.85m sq.m, you can leverage our DC network for inventory management, shipment consolidation, and import/export management.
• Best emerging player
– VASCOR, Indian Chamber of Commerce
• Best vehicle processing center award
– VASCOR, Automotive Supply Chain
• Value achievement award
– VASCOR, Hino
• Best service supplier award
– Chrysler Mexico
• Outstanding support for KL launch
– VASCOR, Chrysler
• Excellence in value improvement award
– VASCOR, Hino Motor Manufacturing
• Best 3PL provider
– Asian Manufacturing Awards
• Global supplier of the year – GM
• Service recognition award
– GM de Mexico
• Logistics special award
– VASCOR, Hino Motors
• Outstanding business partner
– VASCOR, Toyota Motor Manufacturing
• Best automotive logistics provider
– Frost & Sullivan ASEAN
• Best logistics service provider
– Asian freight and supply chain awards
• Environmental excellence award
– US Environmental Protection Agency