The fifth largest port in America, The Port of Virginia is a catalyst for commerce. It is an expanding, modern complex of marine and inland terminals, situated at the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay and uniquely positioned to serve cargo owners in the mid-Atlantic, in the traditional manufacturing and population centres of the nation’s heartland.
Whether transporting parts or finished vehicles, you can trust your shipments to The Port of Virginia and enjoy the benefits of our immediate rail access, deep-water marine terminals, customisable terminals that meet your requirements and two-day rail connections to Midwest markets.
This unique network of deep-water and inland terminal facilities enables the port to handle all types of cargo – swiftly, safely, and sustainably. We offer expert local service providers and an assortment of automotive related 3PLs that are experienced in the just-in-time demands of the automotive parts industry.
On-site vehicle processing is available at our Newport News Marine Terminal provided by Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics. Our Portsmouth Marine Terminal offers sizeable acreage for new finished vehicle shippers. A solid base of skilled labour is readily available for your needs.
Two major infrastructure projects, totalling more than $670m over the next three years, will further enable The Port of Virginia to meet the needs of businesses for years to come.
Advantages of The Port of Virginia
• Two class one railroads, Norfolk Southern and CSX, offer on-dock, double-stack intermodal services to key inland markets in the Midwest, the Ohio Valley and the southeast for your containerised parts
• 50-foot (15-metre) channels
• Only US port with Congressional authorisation to dredge to 55 feet
• 18 miles (29km) to open sea
• More than 30 ocean carrier services
• Direct connections to 99 ports in 45 different countries
With our excellent track record and scalability, The Port of Virginia has the abilityto offer your business the spark it needs to get to the next level.